Congratulations! If you are thinking about planning a church wedding, a good place to start is https://www.yourchurchwedding.org/ which could answer a number of your questions. If you are planning to get married at St George’s, then that would be fabulous and the best place to start is by contacting Rev Barry Hengist on 020 8654 8747 or via email at email@example.com First - are you eligible to get married at St Georges? To do so, a) One of you must reside in the parish, or be on the electoral roll. Or under the new rules :-
- You may marry in St Georges if either one/both of you was baptised or confirmed there.
- If one of you has at any time regularly attended public worship there for 6 months.
- If one of the parents has lived in the parish for 6 months or more in the child’s lifetime.
- If any of the parents have regularly attended worship at St Georges in the child’s life
- Couples can also marry where if either of their parents or grandparents were married at St Georges.